The right attorney is the key to having the best output for your auto accident claim.
If you have been injured in an auto accident, you will then be wondering exactly about how a lawyer will help you. The lawyer must have:
- An analysis and organization of the key evidence and the records
- The network of experts and investigators who can assist to strengthen your case
- Negotiation skills which can get the best output for your auto accident claim.
What can the car accident attorney do?
An attorney can:
- speak well with the other insurer of the driver
- obtain the necessary evidences with a respect to fault for an accident
- organize the bills and the medical records
- communicate with the health care providers in taking missing records
- deal with the doctors to ensure they will give the medical data you need so you’ll prove damages over your claim
- present and organize the evidences so you can prove damages and liabilities
- negotiate with a lien holder on your claim (like health compensation insurers) to possibly decrease an amount of the liens
- negotiate the satisfactory settlement with a defense attorney or insurance adjuster
Talk with the Other Insurer of the Driver
In any personal case of injury, a lawyer may open up the communication line with an insurance adjuster for another party involved. The adjuster had the pocketbook, and it’s critical for the plaintiff’s attorney to have a good relationship and the best communications with an adjuster.
Obtaining Important Evidences of Liabilities
A good attorney will help in obtaining ever evidence that you may need to prove the liability in an auto accident claim. Even though you may have already taken pictures of an accident scene, your attorney can probably return to the scene himself to see what the scene looks like. While an image can be worth one thousand words, really seeing the scene will be worth one thousand pictures.
The attorney can be certain to get every police or accident reports in a case and may usually talk with the investigating officers and witnesses. The best attorney may run off no stone unturned if it comes to taking evidence of liability.
Obtaining Necessary Evidences of Damages
The best lawyer is essential in this case, especially if you’ve suffered important vehicle accident injuries.
It’s critical to take all the documentations connected to the injuries, but it is not always that easy to have your hands over the bills and records from the health care providers. Even though the records had been technically yours, and you’d have a complete right to them and sending medical data to lawyers and patients is not just a healthcare provider’s first priority.
The small doctors’ offices cannot have the staffing and the time to reply to the medical record requests over the timely basis. Bigger hospitals will have specific procedures which should be followed just in order to reply to the medical record requests. When you don’t follow with their procedures, they simply will not reply to your request.
When a health care provider replied to a request, the record can be incomplete. The paralegal or the lawyer’s secretary can tell you that they’ll usually have to request a similar record more than one time and they’ll need to follow up continuously with a provider’s office.
Lastly, it will turn out that a doctor will not use a “magic word” as to disability, causation, and prognosis, in his notes. Just in order to winningly prosecute any kind of personal injury claims, you should be able to show, by medical evidence:
- exactly what the physical limitation, injury, or disability is, and
- that it has been caused by a defendant’s negligence
Doctors usually do not say causation and the degree of the injury or disability of the patient in the medical record. If this will happen in your case, the lawyer can write a doctor and ask him for that special letter that a doctor provided with
- the accident caused by your disability or injury
- as an outcome of an accident, you’ll be disabled or hindered for a particular period of time
Negotiate with the Lien Holders
When you take benefits from disability, health, or workers compensation insurer, an insurer can have the lien over your claim. The lien means that a lien holder will get the pay before you do it, out of any judgment or settlement you receive.
A great attorney can work with a lien holder to attempt to get a lien holder to decrease the lien. This is a significant work. Each dollar less that a lien holder will take is more than a dollar that went into your pocket.
Negotiating With Defendants / Insurers
Negotiation is one specific skill. A personal injury attorney is always far better in settling an auto accident case than the layperson would be. The best lawyer will know how much a case is worth, then will also know how to work a case and conduct a negotiation in order to come up with the best output for a client.
How to find your best auto accident attorney?
When you are looking for an auto accident lawyer’s help, it is usually best to begin through asking colleagues, friends, and family, whether they will recommend a special legal professional. Conducting the online search or by using an attorney directory are also the best way to start. Below are some factors to consider:
- the attorney’s ratings came from the reliable online resources
- the lawyer’s experience with the personal injury cases and with the auto accident injury case
- information about an attorney you will find online, like his recognitions, awards, etc
- the proximity of an attorney’s office to you and any other special considerations
When can you will be able to handle an auto accident claim?
If you were not hurt that bad, if you are comfortable getting the necessary documents and evidences, and most importantly, you are willing and ready to engage in a settlement negotiation procedure, you will surely handle your auto accident claim by yourself. But there is really no substitute to a skilled legal expert’s help.
If you decide to deal with your auto accident claim by yourself, it is just normal to run to some bumps along its way. However, it will make sense to deal your situation with the attorney if you see yourself in a dead end: like
- refusing to take that its insured car driver was in a mistake for the crash
- won’t offer you with anything close to what your worth will be
- is denying that there’s any coverage to your claim
- simply does not seem to take your claim seriously