“What time is it?” The usual line of people that are feeling bored and are not interested in anything. It seems like they always want to make time in the clock appear faster than its usual ticking, for them to start another day with a new routine that would take them away from being bored.
During these days, there are people that still feel boredom. In fact, it is considered as a real torture for these people because it slowly kills their time. From spending a bit of their time laying down their bed while waiting for the eve, until they realized that they almost spend their so much time staying still. Usually, the main reason of boredom is being stuck at home without doing anything and just waiting for the visitors or the eve to come. According to a reliable source, people feel bored once they stop doing something they love to do.
Boredom is a natural feeling for all people. There comes a time that you will feel it, but it depends on you on how you will handle it. Good news! You can do something to avoid being bored. Just reflect to yourself because the cure of this torture is within you. Try to think about your interests, and then apply it to actions using your creative mind and your skillful hands. Once you made it, a round of applause is given to you as you successfully escaped the state of being bored.
If you want to be free from boredom, these ten things listed below will definitely help you to have a productive and a happy day!
1. Exploring things that you haven’t tried before – As stated above, you feel bored because there is no something new about a certain thing. You already mastered it, that’s why you stopped from learning. If you will try to adjust and make an effort to try another activity, you will surely be challenged and have a determination to continue that certain thing until you become an expert in this. Once you already mastered a particular activity, you should also try another one which is fully different from the first one. That is the truth behind a person’s learning.
2. Having a small group of friends with you– Being alone is sometimes boring. Yes, it is not questionable that you need time for yourself but socializing is also a must! Trying to be with your close friends or relatives will definitely make your day a memorable one because you’re not just there waiting, you are waiting for the party to begin but with your family, you are also making a strong bond with each of your twin hearts.
3. Listening to music– If there is no one beside you in times of boredom, music always got your back. It can be a good company whenever you feel bored. Just plug in your earphones and click the play button, then you will have an instant story-teller which will put your mind at peace.
4. Reading books– One of the great traditional things that you should do when you are feeling bored is reading books. It will not just help you to pass time. It will also allow you to discover new things that you didn’t know before. Just be wise enough in finding the kind of book that you will read. Make sure that it has significant content that you should learn after reading it.
5. Watching videos online– One of the trends in the current situation is watching videos, particularly Korean-dramas. Teens nowadays went crazy because of their so-called “Oppas” or older brother. But if you are not fond of watching this kind of drama, you can have different kinds of the movie in the Netflix wherein popular movies with different genres are located. Just a friendly reminder, it is better to choose videos with a good story and a moral lesson.
6. Exercising– Among all of the choices in the selection, exercising is the healthiest thing to do when you are bored. It allows you to release the energy stored within your body and if continuously done, you will have a desirable body that the majority of the people wishes for. What are you waiting for? Go now to the nearest gymnasium and make it a habit!
7. Going out for shopping- Feeling bored? Why don’t you get out of your house and do some last minute shopping? Sometimes, all you need to avoid boredom is through going out even by just yourself with the last things that you want. Go to the nearest shopping malls and buy what you want to buy. Spoil yourself with your favorite stuffs or someone you want to surprise. In this way, you will forget how it feeling of being bored.
8. Taking a bath – If you want to pass the time quickly, taking a long shower is the answer! It will help you to feel fresh and give you a relaxing sensation while doing this activity.
9. Cooking a new recipe – Nowadays, ordering food from fast food chains or restaurant already became a habit. Say no to this practice! Instead of buying food, why not try to make your own recipe? Search for a mouthwatering recipe and prepare all the things needed. In this way, you will learn something new to be proud of!
10. Playing video games – This activity will only be good if you will use it as a past-time. It is not bad to play video games as long as it would not affect your performance. Do not let it bring you down! And always think that video games are made for entertainment purposes only, not as a part of your everyday life.
Boredom is a really tough feeling that is hard to beat, but if you will do your best to fight against it, you will actually win without difficulty. It only matters with the way you treat it. Try to figure out your interests because it is the solution to this challenge. Most importantly, try to engage yourself with several activities which will allow you to be active before the Christmas Eve arrived. At the end of the night, you can utter to yourself, “What a long productive night!”